4.29.2010

Sickness

So I've been sick this past week. Yikes, and I'm still kind of sick right now.

It started on Monday, the morning after my junior high's sports festival. Well, after the 飲み会, which took place later in the evening.

Symptoms:
Fever, probably from walking home drunk in the cool night breeze. Headache included.
Muscle pains (mainly in the legs), from playing too hard at the sports festival.
Food poisoning (or a reeaaally messed up stomach), probably from something I ate at the party...yet the only thing new I had was some es cargo-looking food. Cut in appetite included.

So yeah...I was pretty messed up on Monday morning. It was a damn good thing that it was a day off for the school (to let everyone rest from the sports festival).

On Tuesday, when I took medicine in the morning, I failed to realize there was more than one type of pill mixed in the medication...so I ended up taking sleeping pills. I was wondering, all day, and especially at Inotsuki Elementary, "Why the hell am I still feeling like shit?" I didn't find out about the mix-up until I returned home.

Wednesday, my headache was down to a minimum, and today it's totally gone. However, my stomach is still kind of messed up. It's annoying, because I can't eat as much as I normally can without the urge to yack.

Hopefully tomorrow will prove to be a complete recovery.

-----

There was a centipede which I spotted a few days ago that scurried it's way under my tub as I showered. It was too fast for me to chase it down when I first saw it, so when I took showers I would constantly look around me to see if it was there. Today, I did the same, though I guess I didn't look -behind- me. As I finished my shower and exited, I looked back, and lo-and-behold. There it was, posted behind the spot I was standing. It must've been crying at its failed attempt to surprise buttsex me.

So what did I do?
I first disabled it by knocking it off its feet. I took a bucket that was filled with water and poured it on top of the bug, making it swirl around my shower floor for a little bit until it was closer to where I was. Then I slammed the bucket (still filled with water) on top of it, crippling it. I did it a few more times, then washed it down the drain.
Now, the score is:
Japan's bugs: 0. Ray: 55.

Though I wonder how big that centipede was, compared to an average size. I always imagined them to be a bit bigger...

No comments: