6.01.2010

And So It Begins Again

This weekend marks the start of a new year for 江迎乱舞龍 (Emukae Ranburyuu), my town's yosakoi dance troupe (which I am a proud member of). My last performance with them was during last year's annual Yosakoi Sasebo Festival. They had a performance during Christmas time as well, but I was unable to participate because I flew back to the States.

This summer we have 4 performances lined up. One at one of the preschools in town, in festivals in each Tabira and Shikamachi for festivals, and the grand performance at Sentourou Festival in our own Emukae.

I can't wait, because that means:
1) much more needed exercise
2) time to chill outside of school with some of my students
3) a chance to shine at Sentourou, where I first witnessed the awesomeness of Ranburyuu last year
4) and last but not least, good company with some dudes the same age as me.

I need to remember to ask for a copy of the music, because the song is as epic, if not more than, Soran Bushi (oh did I just say that?).
Plus, the dance and outfits are just too damn cool.

No comments: