6.05.2010

Random Happenings

Started the day off with a trip to Sasebo and checked out the new Chou Den-O Movie (Episode Blue). It was really good (keeping in mind it's a Kamen Rider movie). I would say that I thought it was better than Episode Red save the fact that Airi had 60% of the screen time in Ep. Red. Overall, satisfied. Now to wait 2 weeks for Episode Yellow to come out! Woo!
And Wiki says they're coming out with a Final Den-O movie? With Satou Takeru? Haha man...they're really riding Den-O's popularity (not that I complain).

Afterwards I did some shopping in prep for some elementary school lessons and the upcoming Jr.High Sports Meet. When I was about to walk home, I ran into Hannah, Katrina, and Fiona. The latter two ended up leaving after a short chat, and Hannah mentioned that she was gonna hit up a music studio in the arcade were folks could rock out on guitars and drums. Indeed, I asked if I could tag along. We found the place and rented a room for an hour and jammed to our hearts content. And MAN, could she play the drums. I was totally blown away and deemed myself not worthy, like Wayne and Garth when they met Alice Cooper.

It inspired me to take music seriously again. After all, Hannah and I are talking about starting up a small band!

On our way out from the studio, we ran into Gen and Qi. We caught them during Gen's Sasebo cafe hunt, and joined them for a small lunch at The Sofa Cafe. It's a comfy place where the tables have sofas instead of standard chairs. I've been there once before, but it was the others' first time there. Eventually Emily came down and joined them, as she was going to have dinner with Qi and Gen.

The five of us split later on. I made my way back to Emukae for a 乱舞龍 practice. It was good seeing everyone again, especially the little kids who run around a muck during rehearsal.

Tiring day, but indeed it was fun. Arrived at Sasebo at 1100am, and didn't leave until 6pm. Totally unplanned happenings. =)

No comments: